SFK seeks book-length fiction and non-fiction by fearless authors.
We are looking for high-quality, compelling content that enriches readers’ lives in the following genres:
- Contemporary Fiction
- Literary Fiction
- Transgressive Fiction
- Self-help/Game-changing Solutions/Conversation Starters
We especially encourage submissions from indigenous, LGBTQIA+, disabled, currently or previously incarcerated, non-binary people, people of color, and women.
Please submit your query letter, complete manuscript (no partials or proposals), and marketing outline via email to SFKBooks@gmail.com.
Your Query Letter:
- Your contact information (full name, email address, phone number, mailing address)
- A synopsis of your project
- Word count
- A brief personal bio
- Any writing/publishing credits or history you may have, including self-published work
- Your professional website and social media handle if applicable
- How you heard about SFK
- Include your contact information on the title page (full name, email address, phone number, mailing address)
- Include your full name and email address in the document header
- Set in 11- to 12-point readable font (ideally, serif)
Your Marketing Outline:
The author’s role in the book publishing process is critical at all stages. Please attach a 1-page outline of ways you intend to promote your book.
Please note: We DO NOT consider submissions that do not include the above three files (query letter, marketing plan, complete manuscript).
Our acquisitions editor reviews every submission and gathers input from our team. If we think the project could be right for us, we’ll reach out to schedule a phone conversation about your goals for the book. If that goes well, we’ll extend a custom proposal. And if it’s not the right fit, we will provide you with editorial feedback and recommendations to allow you to move forward on a different path.
We look forward to reading your work and will respond to your query within 6-8 weeks.
Send all submission queries to: